The Data Protection Officers
Michaeljohn Training School,
Atlantic House, 77-83 Oldham Street,
Your privacy is very important to us. At Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester) we have a few fundamental principles that we follow:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of our site. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
www.mj-training.co.uk only operates this website (hosted by WordPress). It is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating the website. We and this website complies to the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) and already complies to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which comes into effect from 25th May 2018. We will update this policy accordingly after the completion of the UK’s exit from the European Union (i.e. post Brexit as required).
- Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable person.
- Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
- Data subject – a person whose Personal Data is being processed.
- Child – a person under 16 years of age.
- We/us/MJTS – Michaeljohn Training School
Your rights under GDPR:
- The right to be informed – you have the right to be informed before we gather your personal data. It must be an opt-in from you and the reasons for collecting the data must be given.
- The right of access – you have the right to access your personal data and request to know how the information is being used.
- The right to reviewing – you can correct the information we have about you if it is incomplete, incorrect or out of date.
- The right to be forgotten – if you are no longer a customer/client/learner/employer or you wish to withdraw your consent for us to store your data, you have the right for it to be deleted.
- The right to data portability – you can request to have your personal data transferred to another business in a commonly used format.
- The right to object to processing and direct marketing – you can request that your personal data is not used for further processing, for example for marketing emails or sales calls. However, we can still store the data but not use it.
- The right to be notified – if we have a data breach (example – website being hacked); you have the right to be informed within 72 hours of it happening.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the unlikely event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
Like most website operators, Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester) collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester) purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester) visitors use its website. From time to time, Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester) may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website (used internally)
Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester) also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments or applying for our programmes through the website. Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester) only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester) websites choose to interact with us in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, those who wish to receive Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester) updates via email, we collect their emails. In each case, we collect such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester). We do not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. Visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information however, in applying for the programme or further information it may prevent them applicants from engaging in certain website-related activities and prevent us from contacting you for any enquiries.
The type of information we will collect about you includes:
- Your name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Course details
- We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester) may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its websites. For instance, Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester) may monitor the most popular pages on the list25.com site or use spam screened by the Akismet service to help identify spam (Word Press applications). Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester) may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, we do not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester) discloses potentially personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, The Education Skills Funding Agency, affiliated government funding partners, agencies and employers seeking to support Traineeship learners and to employ apprentices. We really need to know that information, so we may process it onto the next stage of your application or enquiry and to provide you with the information and services available at Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester). Our associated partners and agencies have agreed to never disclose it to anyone other than the same agencies and partners that we work with. By using Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester) websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. As your enquiry or application progresses, we shall seek further consent for the use of your data (at Interview and programme Induction).
Our processing partners
We only work with processing partners who can ensure an adequate level of protection to your personal data. We disclose your personal data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your personal data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
For an up to date list of our processing partners, please contact the data protection officers at MJTS via the contact details provided.
Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester) will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying information to anyone. We shall share data with our employees, contractors, partners and agencies as described above to support your application only. Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester) will only disclose personally-identifying information only in response to a legal action, court order or other governmental request. Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester) may when necessary and in good faith, disclose information where it is necessary to protect the property or rights of Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester) or our working partners. Your personal information shall never be used for any other reason outside of these terms. If you are a registered user of a Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester) website and have supplied your email address, Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester) may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, seek your views/survey or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester) our products and services. We expect to keep this type of contact to a minimum, only making contact where we feel it is of interest to yourself.
If you send a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester) takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorised access, use, alteration or destruction of personally-identifying information.
If Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester), or substantially all its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester) goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party (ESFA). You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Michaeljohn Training School (Manchester) may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Comments and other content submitted to Akismet anti-spam service (Word Press application) are not saved on our servers unless they were marked as false positives, in which case we store them long enough to use them to improve the service to avoid future false positives.
Michaeljohn Training terms and conditions
Michaeljohn Training School take your privacy seriously. We will only use your personal information to process your application or enquiry and to contact you regarding how you wish to progress with your application/ enquiry.
Programme applicant: We shall use your data to make contact as you progress from application to towards securing a placement/employment. Upon programme start, we shall share your data with the Education Skills Funding Agency who fund your qualification. We need to share your data with potential employers (name, date of birth, contact number). It may be necessary to share your data with government agencies and partners for statistical data, survey and performance management.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- The link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- The further Processing would not harm your interests and individual rights
- There would be appropriate safeguarding procedures for processing
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Employer Enquiry: We shall use your data for to make contact, monitor our Labour Market Intelligence and support you in the recruitment process.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your personal data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. Even though we try our best we can’t guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
Our data protection officers are: